Friday, February 9, 2007

How did we get here?

I was ecstatic this past year with our party. First Anna Little, then Andrew Lucas and finally Adam Puharic were chosen. All young, all energetic and all full of great new ideas. I was proud to vote each time and proud to be a Republican. I saw a convention process that was giving power back to the core of the republican party. It was a bit rough and perhaps needed a little refining but it was democracy at work!!

I have not been paying attention since we lost a Freeholder seat in November. It took me most of December to feel better. The election of 2006 was a tough one for Republicans everywhere. My town even lost a seat. I was happy 2oo6 was over and we were entering the new year. I was looking forward to an all incumbent run with some superstars from the Monmouth GOP.

Adam has impressed me over the years. I met him a few times briefly when he was a chairman in Aberdeen. Having a young father from a young family is great. I hoped he would bring unity to the party. After all, he took his personal tragedy and made it into a positive force. I said to myself "Yes, young ideas, good ideas".

In early January I noticed a tone change in his posting on the Republican web site. He seemed a bit angry, or maybe worried. I didn't like what he said about the committee conventions. After all, that process had been used over the past few years to select Fred, Lillian, Anna, Andrew, Rosemarie and Adam. Adam called it a cancer ???? (bad choice of words).

The new screening process at first blush looked great. Perhaps it was a way to flush out the candidates for the newly open positions in the assembly and the senate. Perhaps this was a way to allow the party to build a process and to eliminate the factions. A new idea (well I guess an old idea recycled). I did not realize the power this committee would have.

After my December Hiatus, I started to read the Blogs again. Sometimes they are a bit edgy, but they give me a view into subconscious of the party. I then found Mr. Rasta. Hmm... Mr. Rasta.... there's an interesting blogger. I read his postings in disbelief. Boy this guy has some issues. Who was he? Why was he doing this? Is he really a Democrat?

After reading MRM's (Monmouth Rasta Man's) Blog, I needed to talk to people... Yes I dusted off by political buttons, banners, walking shoes and started to walk that crazy walk. Usually I take the beginning of the year off from the political scene, this year I will have to make an exception . The things I started to hear off the political street seemed simply CRAZY. The more I dug, the more insane the rumors became.

I have known many of these people for over 20 years. Some I trust, some I don't (with good reason) but all I know. If a blind man tells you that the light is green, you know not to believe him, not that he is lying, he just can't see. I have watched our party go through many ups and downs. I really thought we were on an upswing. Now it seems like we are imploding. Something is going terribly wrong here.

A few weeks ago, I created a blogging account and made my first post. And now here I am autonomously (hopefully) reporting to you what I find. I want to save the ship before it sinks. I hope I am not too late.

FYI: I will not attack a Republican unless I uncover facts that one Republican attacked another. Though I do not believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, I do believe that the good in this world should be protected and the evil should be defeated.

If you are a Concerned Monmouth Republican, please get involved. Help me save the party. Speak up!!


CMR

2 comments:

Honest Abe said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I've linked you.

Honest Abe said...

Vote in today's APP online poll on background checks! Tell yer friends!